Based on the beautiful and scenic island of Maui, Hawaii, my home-base of over 20 years, participants of all levels will work directly with me to gain new skills, ideas, and inspiration toward creating more powerful photographs - from land & air!
The 10-hour ADVENTURE photo workshop will begin with an informative presentation period, in-depth photographic discussion covering topics specific to your current level and needs, and hands-on creative shooting techniques at a number of beautiful coastal locations. Nearer to sunset, we will take to the air for a 1-hour doors off helicopter flight to capture the sweet light of sunset from the sky! The flight is chartered specially for us, and we will collaborate with the pilot to customize our flight experience for the best images possible. Back on land, we will conclude the workshop with an after dark introduction to night photography and painting-with-light techniques.
This is perfect for all levels of passionate photographers looking to gain a better understanding of both the technical and the creative aspects to making more personal, expressive, and dynamic photographs. You will learn to make evocative photographs working slowly from a tripod and using long exposures along the coast, while also learning to capture images at fast shutter speeds while hovering 1,000 feet above in a helicopter. You will walk away with an understanding of optimal and creative exposure, discover valuable guiding principles for expressive compositions, learn how to achieve a stronger and more compelling image in-camera, and much more.
Each photography workshop is custom tailored to your individual level and needs, based on the information you provide through a questionnaire that is sent to you upon booking.
EACH 10-HR. “ADVENTURE” WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
• Transportation to-and-from your Kihei/Wailea or Lahaina-side location.
• Personalized instruction specific to your current level and needs.
• Cold drinks and snacks.
• A scrumptious, healthy plant-based whole food meal.
• Approximately 1 hour of chartered helicopter flight time with the doors-off! (for the clearest views). You will have the best seat in the house and able to capture photographs of Maui and/or Molokai from the sky!
AND LOADS MORE AFTER THE WORKSHOP:
A post-workshop follow-up and access to the private Photographer’s Circle which includes:
• An in-depth review of The Foundation to Dynamic Photography.
• Gear purchasing advice for tripods, filters, cameras, lenses, lights and more.
• PDF downloads and direction on the Basics of Editing & Archiving, and the Basics of Developing.
• Pointers to inspiring Creatives and Master photographers and what you can learn from them.
• Top books, websites, and blogs you should own and follow.
• $50 Off any Developing and Mentoring Service*
• And more! This information is growing all the time.
TOPICS AND DISCUSSIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• Top Guiding Principles for Composition
• Making Optimal Exposure and Creative Exposure
• Depth of field and optimal focusing
• Reading histograms
• White balance
• Raw vs. JPEG
• Seeing Light
• Filter use
• Black and white imagery versus color
• The digital darkroom & Photoshop techniques
• Printing and finishing
• Presenting and selling work
• Camera gear
• The Zen of photography
• Photography vs. Art
• Developing an individual style
• Making it personal & expressive, and why
• And more...
WHY CHOOSE MY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS?
First, I work directly with you. Whatever your current photographic level, my objective is solely on assisting you walk away with further technical knowledge, photographic inspiration and a deeper understanding of creative perspective and process.
Next, I believe it is very important for an instructor to be able to showcase a strong collection of photography and success in the photographic marketplace before they attempt to pass on knowledge and guidance. This is where information and inspiration is drawn from! I was 15+ years down the photographic path before I began working with earlier-on-the-path photographers. In my 20+ years as a photographer, I have:
• Been earning my living solely as a professional fine art landscape photographer for 15+ years and continue to gain new collectors from around the globe.
• Successfully assisted over 250 passionate photographers along their photographic journey in-the-field.
• Exhibited and sold work in galleries and exhibitions here in the US and internationally.
• Been awarded by the International Photography Awards (IPA) with over 50 awards.
• Have work in a museum collection that is seen by over a million people annually.
• Been published in numerous publications including Outdoor Photographer, American Photo, Light and Landscape Magazine, Black and White Magazine, Wailea Magazine, and others.
• Have worked directly with the top printers and fine art finishers in the country.
• Have worked as a fine art photography consultant, gallery director, and as a self-represented artist and have sold over 3.5 million dollars worth of fine art landscape photography by the likes of David Fokos, Peter Lik, Charles Cramer, and others, in addition to my own work.
If you are looking for a professional photographer who is dedicated to assisting you along your own path towards creating more powerful and expressive images of your own, reach out and let's work together.
ABOUT SCOTT REITHER
Scott Reither has earned a critical reputation for his long-exposure landscape scenes earning him more than 50 International Photography Awards. Scott is also a leading educator in the fine art photography field having conducted over 250 workshops. The Foundation Workshops draw upon his extensive technical knowledge, editing and developing experience, and his insightful awareness about what it takes to achieve exceptional images and define a meaningful creative identity as a photographer.
a recent testimonial:
”Once again Scott has shown himself to be an excellent mentor and inspiration! This is the second time I have had the privilege of spending time together, discussing, and practicing, both technical and the more emotional sides of photography, and how they interact and compliment one another. I feel this takes me up many more steps up the ladder to being able to call myself a photographer. Scott took me to some incredibly beautiful parts of Maui and built upon and reinforced many of the aspects from our first workshop and then added numerous insights into how and why an image works and doesn't work. Great experience all around and highly recommended for everyone!”
Jeff Cowan - Lake Arrowhead, California
Still have questions?
CONTACT ME TO BOOK YOUR MAUI PHOTO WORKSHOP
Once I receive your submission, I will respond with my availability,
a questionnaire, and information for finalizing your booking.
CHECK OUT THE OTHER MAUI PHOTO WORKSHOPS
“SHAPING THE CLAY” IN THE DIGITAL DARKROOM
Digital darkroom session add-on is the ideal way to complete a photography workshop.